Jefferson County is now at Level Yellow on Colorado’s COVID-19 dial. The capacity for group sports activities is now 25 players (coaches are not included in this number). Additionally, spectators MUST practice social distancing if they are from different households.
School fields are required to follow the Covid protocols set by Jefferson County Public Schools. Fields that fall under the school district protocols include: Kullerstrand Elementary, Everitt Middle School and Wheat Ridge Hight School. Please refer to the Resources at the bottom of this page for the specific rules that apply to these school fields.
View the current Jefferson County Dial Status using the following link: https://www.jeffco.us/4047/Dial-Status
- It is mandatory to take your child’s temperature prior to leaving for training every day. Coaches are expected to do the same. Any player or coach with a temperature higher than 100.3 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed to train and should not return until they have gone three (3) days without a temperature.
- If a player or coach is ill, or is showing any Covid-19 like symptoms or has been in contact with any individual that has symptoms, they should stay at home
- Teams MUST follow their assigned training day/time/location as scheduled. Teams are not allowed to modify start/end times to ensure we comply with player number limitations under current safety protocols. Players should not arrive at the field earlier than their team’s assigned start time.
- Team coaches MUST keep track of which players attend training sessions using TeamSnap. This is an easy task. Simply update your player availability on TS for the training session after it is completed. TS keeps track of this record and we can refer to it later if needed.
- Training sessions are VOLUNTARY for players. If players are not able to abide by the protocols in place, they should not attend. All staff, coaches, players, and families are receiving these protocols to ensure a safe, healthy, and fun return to the fields.
Please see resources below for official City of Wheat Ridge Parks & Recreation safety protocols