With the issuing of PHO 20-36, league play is no longer allowed. The City of Wheat Ridge Parks & Recreation Department has closed all athletic fields to league play at this time. Likewise, indoor sports are not allowed under this latest PHO, including gym rentals at the Anderson Building. Some outdoor field use is still allowed as outlined below:
- No league play of any kind for all age groups – all league play is cancelled
- Sports field use may continue with 10 participants or less per facility (excluding coach/instructor)
- Social distancing MUST be observed between participants and instructor/coach except when from the same household
- If a coach plans to run any activities including private training sessions on City of WR fields, including WRHS, you must schedule them with me to abide by the above order.
- It is mandatory to take your child’s temperature prior to leaving for training every day. Coaches are expected to do the same. Any player or coach with a temperature higher than 100.3 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed to train and should not return until they have gone three (3) days without a temperature.
- If a player or coach is ill, or is showing any Covid-19 like symptoms or has been in contact with any individual that has symptoms, they should stay at home
- Teams MUST follow their assigned training day/time/location as scheduled. Teams are not allowed to modify start/end times to ensure we comply with player number limitations under current safety protocols. Players should not arrive at the field earlier than their team’s assigned start time.
- Team coaches MUST keep track of which players attend training sessions using TeamSnap. This is an easy task. Simply update your player availability on TS for the training session after it is completed. TS keeps track of this record and we can refer to it later if needed.
- Training sessions are VOLUNTARY for players. If players are not able to abide by the protocols in place, they should not attend. All staff, coaches, players, and families are receiving these protocols to ensure a safe, healthy, and fun return to the fields.
Please see resources below for official City of Wheat Ridge Parks & Recreation safety protocols